Previous Meeting Minutes
PTO / Community Council Agenda
Oct. 10, 2019
Members Attending: Charlie Bird, Lizz Totten, Sherri Rybkiewicz, Edyth Lang, Chris Snodgress, Liz Valle, Norma Gubler, Kyla Topham, and Becky Barker.
Review Minutes & Motion to Approve: ______ made a motion to approve the minutes of our last meeting. ________ seconded the motion.
- Title 1 Plan Approval:
- A summary of the Title 1 Schoolwide Plan was presented. Parents and teachers will review and give back any feedback by emailing Chris.
- A motion to approve the plan will take place by the 16th through email.
- A form was signed by all present at the meeting.
- Family Night Reflection:
- Not well attended. Need earlier and more promotion. Ideas to get the word out included the following:
- BLOOMZ Training
- Notes with rewards for students who return the forms
- Phone Tree
- place a flyer on the school door
- offer Popsicles to the class who returns notes.
- Small children and students were well entertained.
- Chris will contact Tami Curtis and ask for a list of what she is prepared to share with parents.
- Possibility of presenting both in Springdale and the Community Center in Hurricane.
- Parents would like a copy of the ACEs test.
- Chris will get a menu of topics from Tami.
- Perhaps teachers can regularly communicate with parents through classroom news.
- New School Activities:
- The KUTV Challenge is to read 20 minutes a night during the month of November. A $400 grant was turned in to celebrate this accomplishment by paying for a bus to transport students during the school day to Cedar City to go ice skating sometime in January.
- A Growing Caterpillar will be displayed throughout the main room as students write down how they are applying the 7 Habits each week.Students will be encouraged to share their learning with parents.
- Auction Review:
- Rotary Update- (Chris)
- PTO Fundraiser- (Lizz) The PTO made $391.35
- Halloween Carnival: (Charlie & Lizz)
- Create timeline for remainder of monthThe Clean up will happen Friday at 1:30. The set-up will happen Tuesday at 4:00 Liz was able to get a Plinko board to add to the games which include the witches kitchen by Chris, Plinko, shooting zombies, darts, and the cake walk.
- Volunteer sign-up forms for setup on Sept. 29 after school/games/clean-up on Friday, Nov. 1
- Food volunteers Tamales, soup and rolls were discussed. Liz will send out a flyer asking for volunteers and food items. The class with most notes returned will receive a donut party.
- The community banners have been approved as well as a notice in the town newsletters.
- Donation for soda have been taken. Kyla will ask Karen from more cans of soda.
- Linens and stereo have been requested of Allie.
- Prizes have been ordered and some were located in the pod.
- Fall Book Giveaway: (Lizz)
- At 12:45 Nov 20, the PTO will gather to offer books to children. The PTO will provide the students with a reusable bag that must be returned to school before Thanksgiving.
- Students will be encouraged to bring any books they wish to donate to the event.
- Santa bags:
- Liz found 60 mugs at the Dollar Tree but must pay $100 in shipping costs. The committee granted this expenditure.
- End of Year Art Show
- Charlie was interested in contacting Michelle Bonner Larsen to direct the event, encouraging her to find an artist if she was not willing to chair the event herself.
- Zion National Park Field Trips: What’s on the schedule for this year?
- Plein Air is to be held on November 5. The PTO encouraged the school to plan an outing for this day.
- It was suggested that teachers take students to the Court of the Patriarch and make plans to extend classroom science topics there before the shuttle ends. Teachers could contact Andi Buttrum or Kadence Cook about an educational fee waiver.
Next Meeting: Nov. 14th