Previous Meeting Minutes
PTO / Community Council Minutes
October 8, 2020
Members Attending: Kyla Topham, Stephanie Bonner, Edyth Lang, Norma Gubler, Jodi Lewis, and Chris Snodgress,.
Review Minutes & Motion to Approve: Stephanie made a motion to approve the minutes of our last meeting. Edy seconded the motion.
- School Land Trust Plan: Council Membership Form and Principal Assurance are due 20th.
There is a need for more parents to become involved with the PTO. Chris will contact Victoria & David Tate, Justin and Mindy Clayton, Jazmin Mendez, Thelma Campbell, and Shantell & Jacob Anderson and anyone else that might be interested in being a member of the PTO/Community Council.
- Halloween Fundraiser
- This will not be a huge fundraiser. The goal of the PTO is to do something to make this Halloween fun in place of the Carnival. Papa Murphy is willing to make cheese, peperoni, and glutin-free pizzas donating $3 back to the PTO. It was suggested to show the students the Halloween Bags in hopes to tell their parents what is available for $5. About $2.50 will be raised per bag. Candy donations from local businesses will be added to the Halloween bags. Jodi volunteered to make THANK-YOU cards to attach to the bags.
- Flyer will be made for students to take home. Orders will be put onto BLOOMZ and paper orders will be sent home. Need to be turned in by the 16th.
- Volunteers needed to help deliver pizza on the 30th. Chris volunteered Angie Farr to pick up and deliver pizzas at the bus stop to an adult.
- PTO has an email address <email@example.com>. They need to get a Venmo address next.
- Christmas Program
- Ideas were shared about possible Gift Bags.
- A Santa has been found to deliver gift bags at school during the day.
- Chris will ask Rob Schmidt to record each class’s performance.
- Winter Book Drive
- Kyla will apply for a Walmart Grant
- Kyla is also looking into Amazon Smile as a way to raise additional funds. Jodi will check to see if the school’s Business Amazon Account can use SMILE.
- There are _______ points from Scholastic that can be used towards new books for this year.
- Will contact Jen Thompson (Springdale Police Dept) and the Rotary for cash donations to purchase new books selected by the students.
- Art Exhibit and Student Reception: Student Art will be displayed at the Community Center on Oct 1st . Because of COVID restrictions, it was suggested that photos of each student will be taken with their art piece and put on BLOOMZ. Teachers will arrange for a day to walk to the Community Center.
- PTO on BLOOMZ Update:
- Chris will send out an invitation for parents to join the PTO group. Jodi volunteered to manually enter the other parents who do not respond.
- Safety Week: Due to COVID, the safety activities will be canceled this year. However, the Springdale Police Department will visit each classroom to deliver lunch, water bottles, and new masks for each student.
- PBS Reading Marathon: Chris applied for another $500 grant to motivate students to read nightly for 30 days. The marathon will start Oct. 20th and end Nov. 20th. The school is planning a Cultural Celebration in Zion National Park on Nov. 24th. Money will be used for food, crafts, and presenters.
- Motion to Dismiss: Chris made a motion to dismiss this meeting. Jodi seconded the motion.
Next Meeting: Nov 5th Due to SEPs the second week of November
PTO / Community Council Minutes
September 10, 2020
Members Attending: Kyla Topham, Stephanie Bonner, Edyth Lang, Norma Gubler, and Chris Snodgress,.
Review Minutes & Motion to Approve: Kyla made a motion to approve the minutes of our last meeting. Norma seconded the motion.
- Art Exhibit and Student Reception:
- Student Art will be displayed at the Community Center on Oct 1st . Because of COVID restrictions, it was suggested that we video each student with their art piece and put it on BLOOMZ.
- Barbara Ellard and two friends have volunteered to share their art talents by designing art projects for students to create beginning in January.
- Teachers will teach the art core through art projects and focus on the life of great artists through November. Student art will also be displayed in the spring at the Community Center. We need to set specific dates now.
- Building Improvements:
- Due to the increase of costs in construction, the new lunchroom has been delayed to next summer.
- The new entry to the school and remodeling of Miss Jodi’s desk will be completed soon.
- A touchless drinking fountain has been ordered and should be installed soon.
- Thanks to the PTO, we have a handwashing unit outside to help speed up handwashing before and after recess/PE.
- ART AUCTION:
- Due to COVID restrictions, the Art Auction will be delayed till this spring.
- This will allow extra time to think of a project that students could sell at this fundraiser. Funds are used to purchase art materials and half of our BTS Music teacher, Lyndi Butler. She is teaching music theory and preparing for our Christmas Program.
- PTO Fundraisers:
- It is estimated that about $2,000 was earned over the summer from the sale of snow cones. Kyla Topham worked hard in the organization of this project. Thank you.
- Due to COVID restrictions, the Halloween Carnival has also been canceled. However, Kyla suggested selling “Halloween in a BOX!” Ideas brainstormed included game ideas, prizes, and a pizza dinner. Parents can order a PARTY for four for about $20. Multiple boxes could be ordered for larger families. More information to follow.
There is a need for more parents to become involved with the PTO. Please consider helping.
- PTO on BLOOMZ: PTO will be added as a group on BLOOMZ. Watch for announcements directly from them. Until then, Chris will post the minutes of each meeting.
- Motion to Dismiss: Edy made a motion to dismiss this meeting. Stephanie seconded the motion.
Next Meeting: Oct 8